Creating Flight Plans
Start at the home screen and select the “Route Plan” Icon. The drone does not need to be connected to create flight plans but will need to be connected to send the mission to the aircraft.
On the bottom right, select “New”
Enter the desired name for the block then click OK.
There are four modes for entering waypoints.
Waypoints are coordinates used for creating the outside perimeter of the area or obstacles.
- Map Point allows the user to tap on the map to add waypoints.
- Dot Equip allows the user to use an external GPS device (Bluetooth, WiFi) to add waypoints by walking the area and marking the waypoints.
- Drone Point allows the user to add points by flying the drone to the desired waypoint location and marking the waypoints.
- Phone point allows the user to use the built in phone or tablet GPS to add waypoints by walking the area and marking the waypoints.
Once the user has selected the appropriate mode, the route planning can begin by adding the area. If using the "Map Point" option, simply tap on the map to add waypoints.
If adding waypoints using the Dot Equip, Drone Point or Phone Point options, the waypoints are added by selecting the "Common" button.
NOTE: The user can undo the last added waypoint by selecting “Undo Waypoint”
Once the appropriate area has been added, the user has an option of adding obstacles.
- An obstacle must have at least 3 points
- To add more than one obstacle, select the “Add Obstacles” button again, the obstacle number will be reflected as “Add Obstacles1, Add Obstacles2, etc”
NOTE: The user can undo the last added obstacle waypoint by selecting “Undo Waypoint”
When the area and obstacles have been created, the user can select “Create” to generate the flight plan
The user has several options to “Adjust Route”
- The Swath is the spacing between each line
- The Obstacle Gap adjusts the buffer around obstacles
- The Target Gap adjusts the distance from the outside perimeter of the area
- Offset adjusts the entire route north, south, east or west. Each tap of the adjustment button moves the pattern 1 meter.
When the route is adjusted as needed, select “Save” to save the settings.
In order to send the Mission to the drone, the drone must be ON and the tablet must be connected to the controller using the Bluetooth option.
Connecting to the drone
To connect to the drone ensure the aircraft and controller are ON, then select the “antenna” icon.
Then select “Bluetooth” for connection type. Finally, select the correct Bluetooth device.
Sending the mission
Select “Send Mission”
Note: If a current route already exists on the drone, you will need to overwrite it.