This application works with Android operating systems. HSE suggests the Samsung Galaxy Tablets (8")
for their bright screens, long battery life and fast processing. We suggest choosing a white or silver color as it helps prevent overheating in the sun.
Installing the Ground Station app:
First, you'll need to download the application to your Android Tablet where it will be installed. You can do this by visiting this page on the tablet, or by downloading to another device and emailing or sending to the tablet.
1) Download the latest App HERE
2) Unzip / Unpack the Zip file to the tablet by clicking on the downloaded Zip file
Note: you might see multiple files with checkboxes next to them. Check both of those boxes and then click "Unzip" in the top right corner
3) Look for the TTA Application called "E6 Android Metric & US units 2.4.6-stable.apk", click that
4) Your device might say that it has blocked installations from unknown sources (since this app is not on the Google Play Store). Click "Settings", "OK to install" etc.
Note: the settings page might appear next, look for the section that says "unknown sources" and turn that feature on, click "ok"
5) Now, click "Install." Once installed, click "Open"
6) Once installed, the tablet might ask permission if TTA app can access this device's location. Click "Allow" to provide the required system accesses for the app.
Note: declining app access will result in the app not working correctly.
Setting up the Ground Station App:
At the Login screen, click "No Log In", and the map will load.
Next, you'll need to select the correct map type, follow these steps:
a. click on the three lines in the top right corner of the app to access the settings area
b. on the left side, scroll down to the bottom until you see three dots - click that, you will now be at the "about" menu
c. about half way down, you will see "Map Type", choose the drop down and the map for your region. I.e., Google for Domestic and INTL (except China and Taiwan)